Tullamore Show cancelled for second year in a row as organisers plan for 2022

first_img Previous articleLaois man behind Physical Impairment Ireland considering run for political officeNext articleLord Dudley brings up seventh winner of the year for Laois trainer in Roscommon Steven Millerhttp://www.laoistoday.ieSteven Miller is owner and managing editor of LaoisToday.ie. From Laois, Steven studied Journalism in DCU and has 14 years experience in the media, almost 10 of those in an editorial role. Husband of Emily, father of William and Lillian, he’s happiest when he’s telling stories or kicking a point. Facebook The Tullamore Show has been cancelled for the second year in a row due to the Covid-19 pandemic.The organisers issued a statement this morning saying that “after several executive meetings regarding the future of the event, it is with deep regret that the decision had to be taken to cancel this year’s show”.The event, held in August, is the largest farm exhibition show after the Ploughing and attracts a huge crowd every year.“Preparations for The Tullamore Show that we have all become accustomed to takes months of planning and this has not been possible due to the high levels of uncertainty that remain.“All options had been examined to run the National Livestock element of the Tullamore Show.“However, after consultations with the dairy, beef and sheep breed societies whose feedback was positive, some concerns were raised due to a lack clarity and unclear guidance from the government around outdoor events,” the statement added.The organisers thanked various sponsors, traders, exhibitors, competitors, stewards and supporters for their support during the pandemic.They also thanked the local landowners; the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine; and the Gardaí for their assistance.Joseph Molloy, the chairperson of the show’s executive, said: “It is with great disappointment that we won’t be able to host the 2021 event at the Butterfield Estate, the risk remained too high, and the safety and wellbeing of our stakeholders is our top priority.“We assure you that 2022 will be bigger and better than ever. We look forward to seeing you at The Tullamore Show and FBD National Livestock Show on August 14, 2022,” Molloy concluded.”SEE ALSO – Anna May ‘cautiously optimistic’ that Ploughing can go ahead in September Electric Picnic apply to Laois County Council for new date for this year’s festival WhatsApp Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Tullamore Show cancelled for second year in a row as organisers plan for 2022 TAGSTullamore Show Facebook Twitter Electric Picnic Council Electric Picnic Pinterest By Steven Miller – 12th May 2021 WhatsApp Electric Picnic organisers release statement following confirmation of new festival date Pinterest Home News Farming Tullamore Show cancelled for second year in a row as organisers plan… NewsFarming Mary Sweeney elected Cathaoirleach of Portlaoise Municipal District for next 12 monthslast_img read more

Animal Feed Crisis: Connacht Gold ships imported animal feed to Donegal stores

first_img Connacht Gold says seventeen loads of imported hay and haylage are being delivered to Connacht Gold stores in the west and north west today.It comes as farmers continue to struggle due to the current animal feed crisis.Connacht Gold says supplies will be available from today in Killygordon, Ardara, Lifford and Kerrykeel with more supplies due to arrive over the coming days.The co-op says that today’s imports and lower cost supplementary feeds are been made available to farmers at cost price. Pinterest By News Highland – May 4, 2013 Facebook 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Google+ WhatsApp News LUH still not ready to restore IT systems Twitter Pinterestcenter_img Twitter Google+ Pregnant women can receive Covid vaccine at LYIT’s vaccination centre RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Animal Feed Crisis: Connacht Gold ships imported animal feed to Donegal stores Previous articleCatholic Bishops hit out at proposed abortion legislationNext articleIPU: Donegal Post Offices face closure if welfare payment changes go ahead News Highland Lárionad Acmhainní Nádúrtha CTR to take part in new research project Facebook Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal last_img read more

Electrical items stolen during weekend burglary in Twin Towns

first_img Electrical items stolen during weekend burglary in Twin Towns News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th By News Highland – November 24, 2020 Facebook Pinterest Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+ Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Pinterest WhatsApp DL Debate – 24/05/21 center_img Facebook Google+ Previous articleDrugs worth almost €30,000 seized by Gardai in LetterkennyNext articleFurther calls for gates at Gartan proposal to be shelved News Highland Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Twitter Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Twitter A number of valuable electrical items have been stolen during a weekend burglary in the Twin Towns.The incident happened in Drumboe, Stranorlar between 6pm on Friday the 20th of November and 6pm on Saturday the 21st of November.Entry was gained to a house via an unlocked sunroom window. A rear window at the house had been prised open.A number of items were stolen namely a grey laptop, a silver Russell Hobbs toaster and a black 26 inch Panasonic tv and a black radio.If anyone observed any unusual activity or vehicles in that area over the course of those days are being urged to contact Gardaí in Letterkenny on 074-9167100. WhatsApp Homepage BannerNewslast_img read more

Quantity of drugs recovered following search of house in Manorcunningham

first_img RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Previous articleHuge move for Donegal’s Tyler Toland who joins Man CityNext articleUrgent calls for upgrade works to sewerage treatment plant in Buncrana News Highland Homepage BannerNews Google+ Facebook Quantity of drugs recovered following search of house in Manorcunningham Twitter WhatsApp Pinterest Facebook Investigations are continuing after a house in the Manorcunningham area was raided by Gardai in the early hours of this morning.Gardai in Letterkenny recovered a small quantity of drugs following the search of the property.No arrests were made and a file is being prepared for the DPP. WhatsAppcenter_img Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Pinterest By News Highland – August 9, 2019 Twitter News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Google+ Community Enhancement Programme open for applications Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic last_img read more

Thievery Corporation Announces Amazing East Coast VIP Sweepstakes

first_imgGet ready East Coasters, because Thievery Corporation is coming for you!The band’s upcoming fall tour dates include shows in Philadelphia, NYC, Boston and Washington DC, and we certainly can’t wait for these always-high-energy performances. Just to sweeten the pot, Thievery has revealed an incredible VIP Sweepstakes for the run! One lucky winner will receive tickets to the show of their choosing, side-stage access, and a meet and greet with members of the band!All you have to do is enter the sweepstakes here!Check out the band’s December tour schedule below, including an exciting stop at the new Fillmore venue in Philadelphia, PAThievery Corporation East Coast Run12/10: The Fillmore – Philadelphia, PA (Tickets)12/11: Terminal 5 – New York, NY (Tickets)12/16: House of Blues – Boston, MA (Tickets)12/19: 9:30 Club – Washington, DC (Tickets)last_img read more

John E. Allen

first_img John was preceded in death by his parents, brother, William Allen and sister, Lois Burch.He is survived by his wife, Kathleen “K.C.” Allen of Port Neches, daughter, Tammy Krystal Slott and husband, Robert of Nederland, son, Timothy Allen of Port Neches, seven grandchildren, Chance Montgomery, Lacy Montgomery, Kassie Zak and husband, Jay, Dustin Montgomery and wife, Britany, Justice Allen, Abigale Allen, and Chelsea Harris, four great grandchildren, Kayden Ussery, Braylin Stephson, Jaelynn Montgomery, and Penelope Ussery, brother, Michael Allen of CA, three sisters, Joyce Jacob and husband, Darrell of Chandler, Annie Urness and Karolyn McCarrell of Port Arthur, and many nieces, nephews and good friends. John E. Allen, 64, of Port Neches passed away, Sunday, May 1, 2016 at The Medical Center of Southeast Texas.He was born April 9, 1952 in San Antonio, Texas to Louis O. Allen and Retha Gibson Allen.John was raised in Beaumont and lived in the area since 1982.  He was employed as a Truck Driver for Service Transport Nederland yard.   He loved his career and had been driving trucks for over 40 years. John was a veteran serving in the United States Army.Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m., Saturday, May 7, 2016 at Levingston Funeral Home in Port Neches with Reverend Cazzy Francis of Pathway Church officiating. Burial will follow at Oak Bluff Memorial Park in Port Neches.A visitation for family and friends will be Friday evening from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home.last_img read more

Date set for Air Liquide’s acquisition of Airgas

first_imgGet instant access to must-read content today!To access hundreds of features, subscribe today! At a time when the world is forced to go digital more than ever before just to stay connected, discover the in-depth content our subscribers receive every month by subscribing to gasworld.Don’t just stay connected, stay at the forefront – join gasworld and become a subscriber to access all of our must-read content online from just $270. Subscribelast_img

Ceres, Kaya players to suit up for Azkals in FIFA qualifier

first_imgMike Ott of Ceres-Negros FC is seeing action in the Philippine Azkals’ game against Maldives for the the 2022 FIFA World Cup and the 2023 Asian Cup joint qualification. MANILA – Five players fromCeres-Negros FC and Kaya Futbol Club-Iloilo have been called up for thePhilippine Azkals in the 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2023 Asian Cup jointqualification game against China. Among those who will suit up for theAzkals from Ceres-Negroso – the reigning Philippines Football League championswere – Carlos de Murga, Mike Ott, Jose Elmer Porteria and Stephan Schrock. Also tapped by Azkals were NeilEtheridge, Michael Falkesgaard, Kevin Hansen, Amani Aguinaldo, Mikel Baas, Nikode Vera, Daisuke Sato, Alvaro Silva, Martin Steuble, Elias Suerti, and LukeWoodland. Completing the national team rosterwere Yrick Gallantes, Angel Guirado, Kevin Ingreso, Iain Ramsay, John PatrickStrauss, Mark Hartmann, and Patrick Reichelt. center_img Barotac Nuevo, Iloilo native JovinBedic, on the other hand, was the lone player from Kaya-Iloilo to be selectedfor the national men’s football team. The Azkals will face the People’sRepublic of China on Oct. 15 at the Panaad Park and Stadium in Bacolod City. The national team split its first twomatches in the qualifier—a loss to Syria (2-5) and win over Guam (4-1)./PNlast_img read more