2nd Mark Wood (7) 34pts3rd Bob Newell (6) 31ptsMick Beresford found himself a little short of cash on Tuesday and was torn between visiting the ATM or playing a little golf. The line was too long at the ATM so he joined us for a great day on the most challenging Bangpra layout and came away with 35 points and first place, despite a concerted effort by last week’s three time winner Mark Wood.Mick Beresford.‘Broad more’ Bob, suffering from a mild case of concussion, stuck his nose in there again with 31 points for third. This now moves Bob into the lead of the career earning list of golfers who win money but do not play to their handicap, surpassing Jez ‘Lord Lucan’ Lees.Tuesday and Saturdays game were cancelled due to the PSC Monthly Medal held on Friday.Note: The Players Lounge is situated on Soi Wat Sutthawas near to the Courtyard Pub just off Soi Siam Country Club. Anyone wishing to play with us just pop in and add your name to the list or call Bob on 080 096 8232. Golf from the Players LoungeTuesday, May 14, Bangpra – Stableford1st Mick Beresford (18) 35pts
Advertisement a966NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs304vWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E15vu( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 68qlch5Would you ever consider trying this?😱8am3Can your students do this? 🌚t9i9lRoller skating! Powered by Firework (Photo Credits: Getty Images)Advertisement Advertisement Defending champions The Mannschaft got their 2018 FIFA World Cup campaign back on track on Sunday, beating Sweden in Group F thanks to a late goal from Real Madrid ace Toni Kroos.Germany’s hope of defending their World Cup title have been rescued by two second half goals on Sunday. A goal coming off from the German sniper Toni Kroos in the 95th minute secured the victory for Die Mannschaft as they left the qualification for the knockout stages in their own hands.Advertisement Ola Toivonen of Sweden opened the scoring on Sunday, but Borussia Dortmund star Marco Reus found an equaliser early in the second half. The match seemed destined to finish with that score, but Kroos scored a free-kick in injury time.Germany’s World Cup nearly came to an end on Saturday, and while they escaped against European underdogs Sweden, the team still appears to be in serious trouble. Joachim Low now needs to gather his team back as they face South Korea on Wednesday in a bid to qualify for the knockout stages. Advertisement
CEST Former Chelsea, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben could come out of retirement to help Groningen. IN SPORT.ES EFE “The club can use any help during this period to get through the corona crisis. They were his boyhood club and the Dutch winger says he would like to play for the side again to help them try and get out of the coronavirus crisis. 27/06/2020 Robben, dispuesto a descolgar las botas de nuevo para ayudar al Groningen “I don’t know yet whether this will work. What I do know is that it will not depend on my commitment and motivation. Upd. at 21:34 “It is my dream to wear the Groningen shirt again,” he said at a press conference organised by the club. “These past weeks I’ve had many conversations with club staff and maybe more than anything I’ve listened to the call of our supporters: Arjen, follow your heart!” The new Dutch season will start in September, pandemic allowing.
Saturday teams play round robin before concluding Sunday with divisional finals.All action is set for the Lakeside playing fields.The tournament is in honour of Terry Walgren, a longtime coach in Nelson — who skippered teams in Nelson Youth Soccer as well as men’s and women’s teams.Walgren, a graduate of Nelson Youth Soccer, played high school and men’s league soccer before going off to university where played for Simon Fraser and University of Alberta in Edmonton.Walgren, who returned to coach in the NYS rep program along with playing men’s league for the Heritage Innkeepers, died of cancer. The Lakeside Pitches will be filled with excitement as the Nelson Youth Soccer hosts the annual Terry Walgren Tournament beginning Saturday.Teams from Penticton, Montana, Trail-Castlegar, Cranbrook and Fernie join the host Nelson Selects during two days of roundball action in U12 Jamboree and Rep Tournament.
Related Posts Tags:#Google#news#web Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… Google has released the video of its announcement of Chrome, the company’s open source browser. It’s embedded below, via YouTube. We’ve been all over this story for the past few days, so here is a summary of our coverage so far:– Google to Offer its Own Browser: Chrome (Marshall’s initial story)– Chrome: Test it With Us Live (check out Sarah Perez’s screencast, with input from all the RWW team)– Does Google Have Rights to Everything You Send Through Chrome? (great discussion happening in the comments of this one)– Serious Security Flaw in Google Chrome (it’s not all good news, it seems) Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… richard macmanus 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market
Novak Djokovic of Serbia (left) is congratulated by Andy Murray of Britain after winning the men’s singles final at the Australian Open tennis championship in Melbourne, Australia on Sunday. AP PhotoNovak Djokovic won his fifth Australian Open title and extended Andy Murray’s misery at Melbourne Park by beating the Scotsman 7-6 (5), 6-7 (4), 6-3, 6-0 in the final Sunday.Murray has now been a losing finalist four times here, losing twice previously to Djokovic in 2011 and 2013 and to Roger Federer in 2010. Djokovic is a perfect 5-for-5 in Australian Open finals and has eight Grand Slam titles.Djokovic swung momentum in a close match with a service break in the eighth game of the third set, winning four straight points. When he took a 4-0 lead in the last set, he smacked his fist hard against his chest in celebration.At the end of the match, Djokovic threw his racket into the crowd at Rod Laver Arena.Roy Emerson, the only other man with five or more Australian titles, was in the crowd and Djokovic acknowledged the presence of the six-time champion.”I’m so grateful to be standing here as a champion for the fifth time, and to be in the elite group of players – Roy Emerson, Rod Laver and all the legends of our sport,” Djokovic said.Murray sat slumped over in his chair after the match, awaiting the presentations, and once again received the runner-up plate instead of the trophy.”I had amazing support again here,” Murray said. “It’s been my most consistent Grand Slam of my career. I haven’t been quite able to win, but the support I’ve received here has been amazing. I’ll try and come back next year and hopefully have a slightly different outcome in the final.”advertisementDjokovic faced three break points in the third game of the opening set but saved them all, twice coming to the net, including on game point, to hold and take a 2-1 lead. He broke Murray in the next game, but Murray got back on serve when he broke Djokovic in the seventh game.Djokovic served for the first set after breaking Murray in the eighth game, but Murray broke back. After that game, Djokovic had a trainer attend to this right thumb.Novak Djokovic of Serbia celebrates after defeating Andy Murray of Britain in the men’s singles final at the Australian Open tennis championship in Melbourne, Australia on Sunday. AP PhotoHe double-faulted to open the tiebreaker but then, after Murray took a 2-1 lead, won five of the next six points to regain control. He clinched the set when Murray netted a backhand service return.In the second set, Djokovic saved a set point in the 10th game and Murray saved three break points in the 11th before it went to the tiebreaker. Sixth-seeded Murray dominated the breaker to lead 6-2, securing four set points before clinching it on Djokovic’s serve.The second set was delayed for about five minutes after the seventh game when a court invader protesting Australia’s refugee policies was removed by security after stepping on to the court. Other spectators in the stadium unfurled a political banner.Djokovic broke Murray’s serve in the eighth game of the third set, winning four straight points, prompting the Scottish player to throw his racket and yell repeatedly into his towel. The crowd booed Murray’s display.There was a bigger cheer for Djokovic when the introductions were made, but plenty of Scottish flags in the stands. Some Serbian fans yelled “Adje Nole” – Serbian for Come on Nole, which is Djokovic’s nickname.Before the match began, Andy Murray’s fiancee, Kim Sears, caused a stir. She was dressed in an oversized T-shirt with a message that poked fun at the widespread attention paid to her use of colorful language during Murray’s semifinal win over Tomas Berdych.Rather than shy away from the issue, Sears’ T-shirt for the final showed a sense of humor. It read: “Parental Advisory Explicit Content.”
Manchester United Anfield trip like going to hell – Silvestre warns Man United Dejan Kalinic Last updated 2 years ago 14:56 10/13/17 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Getty Images Manchester United Premier League Liverpool v Manchester United Liverpool The defender has issued a stark prediction for Jose Mourinho’s men, as they prepare to face Liverpool on Saturday lunchtime Mikael Silvestre has warned former club Manchester United that travelling to Anfield to face Liverpool was like “going to hell” during his playing days.Red Devils 9/5 for derby defeatJose Mourinho’s men visit Liverpool on Saturday looking to continue their fine start to the season, which has seen United win six of their opening seven Premier League games. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Why Barcelona god Messi will never be worshipped in the same way in Argentina Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. But Silvestre, who won five league titles and a Champions League with United, has told his former club to expect a huge test against Jurgen Klopp’s side.”You feel like you’re going to hell. You are not welcome and you can feel the hate for sure,” said Silvestre, speaking exclusively to 888sport.”It’s a hostile environment and it’s a good occasion to see how you react in adversity. It’s the best place to win games.”While United are second in the table, Liverpool sit seventh following just three wins in seven league games.Silvestre believes United can control the hosts’ leading attackers – Philippe Coutinho, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino – with Sadio Mane sidelined due to a hamstring injury.”They are good players but hardly world class yet,” he said.”Over the course of the 90 minutes you would expect them to make some chances because they are talented but there is not one goal-machine from Salah, Firmino, Mane or Coutinho.”They are missing that clinical player because at the end of the day it is this one you have to be worried about, the one you expect to finish 20-25 times a season.”Liverpool doesn’t have one yet. United are going to be tested but I think they can control these guys.”Read the full 888sport interview with Mikael Silvestre, including his thoughts on the one player better than Paul Scholes in his time at Manchester United Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.
Andros Townsend in line for new Crystal Palace dealby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveAndros Townsend is in line for a new deal at Crystal Palace.The Sun says Townsend will be handed a contract extension to reward his stunning form.The 27-year-old has started every Premier League game this season and scored a goal-of-the-season contender with a screamer in the win at Manchester City.Townsend has two full-seasons on his current deal but Roy Hodgson, who handed him his England debut in 2013, views him as a key player for the future.The Palace winger wants his future secured as he is pushing for an England recall after missing out on the World Cup last summer. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
NEW DELHI – Indian actresses and writers are flooding social media with allegations of sexual harassment and assault, releasing pent-up frustration with a law that was lauded internationally but that critics say has done little to change the status quo in the world’s largest democracy.“People using social media to articulate their complaints should be recognized in the context of failure. The system has in effect failed us, has failed women,” T.K. Rajalakshmi, the president of the Indian Women’s Press Corps, said in a panel discussion Thursday in New Delhi.The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act of 2013 holds Indian workplaces liable for sexual harassment, and prescribes a system for investigating and redressing complaints. Employers must create committees that are at least 50 per cent women, presided over by a woman and with one external expert, to process complaints. The law builds on the landmark 1997 Vishakha case, in which India’s Supreme Court held that sexual harassment at work violated a woman’s constitutional right to equality.But nearly five years since the law came into effect, many managers and employees are not aware of it. Those who are rarely implement it fully, in part because of the enormous taboo in India of discussing anything related to sex, said Naina Kapur, the attorney who argued the Vishakha case before the Supreme Court.“Every time I get a call it’s after the event has happened. It’s supposed to be effectively communicated and it hasn’t been,” Kapur said, adding that in India, “as women get more into the marketplace and the workplace, their experience of sex harassment and violence is a growing area of concern but it’s not being heard.”Based on the nonstop TV coverage, alleged victims are making themselves heard on social media, bypassing completely the protocol created by the 2013 law.The social media storm began in September, when former Bollywood actress Tanushree Dutta spoke to several Indian TV news channels about her frustration with a fruitless police complaint she filed in 2008 against actor Nana Patekar for alleged sexual harassment on a Mumbai movie set.Dutta said that after Patekar groped her during a dance routine, she fled the set and a mob surrounded her car, smashed the windshield and trapped her inside.Patekar has denied the allegations.Then on Oct. 4, Mumbai comedy group AIB announced it had decided to de-list every video featuring former member Utsav Chakraborty, whom women had taken to social media to condemn for alleged sexual harassment.On Oct. 7, an unnamed former employee at Phantom Films writing in the Huffington Post described allegations she had made in 2015 against one of the company’s partners, director Vikas Bahl, whom she said behaved inappropriately during a trip to Goa.The following day, company partners Anurag Kashyap and Vikramaditya Motwane dissolved Phantom Films. Bahl has filed an intent to sue his former partners for defamation.Also on Oct. 8, journalist Sandhya Menon shared screenshots of her conversation with two women claiming that actor Rajat Kapoor harassed them over the phone.Kapoor apologized on Twitter if he had “slipped and through my actions or words caused pain or hurt.”That same day, former TV producer, director and writer Vinta Nanda said on Facebook and in TV interviews that she was raped 19 years ago by actor Alok Nath.Nath said in a TV interview that he neither denied or agreed with the allegations. “It must have happened, but someone else would have done it,” Nath said.TV actress Sandy Mridul expressed her support for Nanda in a tweet. Fellow TV actress Deepika Amin followed on Twitter: “Everyone in the industry knows that #AlokNath is an obnoxious drunkard who harasses women.”On Oct. 10, actor and heavyweight Bollywood producer Aamir Khan and his wife Kiran Rao put out a statement saying they were “committed to doing any and everything to make our film industry a safe and happy one to work in.” In a tweet, Khan said they were about to begin work with someone who had been accused of sexual misconduct and that the matter was pending in court.Perhaps the most startling development has been the string of accusations against Junior External Affairs Minister M.J. Akbar. In less than a week, at least nine women journalists have accused Akbar of sexual harassment and inappropriate behaviour when he was a newspaper editor in Kolkata and Delhi. Neither Akbar nor the ministry has responded.But for India’s burgeoning #MeToo movement to take hold in the broader strata of Indian society, the 2013 sex harassment law must be implemented more broadly, said Sunieta Ojha, a lawyer who regularly conducts workshops on the law.“It requires a complete change of attitude toward women and toward workplace ethics. Employers instead of looking at it as a hassle, they have to see it as an investment. If they start doing that, it starts to have a very positive effect,” she said.Mumbai police on Thursday said they had opened an investigation into Patekar after Dutta filed a fresh complaint, charging him with violating two sections of the Indian Penal Code related to offending a woman’s modesty. If found guilty, the maximum penalty is two years in prison.Dutta said that after the alleged attack in 2008, she also lodged a complaint with Cine and TV Artists Association (CINTAA), an agency now subject to the 2013 law.Dutta’s lawyer, Nitin Satpute, said Dutta decided to speak out again about what allegedly happened to her in 2008 because she hoped the spotlight would help enforce the workplace sex harassment law within CINTAA.“Some are rich, some are poor, but many women are working there, and it will benefit all,” Satpute said.___Associated Press writer Ashok Sharma contributed to this report.
Gurugram: Ever since the voting process first began in Gurugram in 1952, the South Haryana region has always registered healthy voting percentage that has always been beyond 60 per cent. In 2014 for the third time, the Gururgam region registered a voting percentage beyond 70 per cent and there were expectations from the electorate the voters will break the previous record. Though there was a slight dip Gurugram on the final count registered an impressive voting percentage of 67.37 per cent. It was however tough for the officials of the election commission to collate the final data as there was a late surge in the voters trying to cast their votes. Till 8:00 pm on Sunday Gurugram had registered a voting percentage of 62. This was then revised to 67 per cent. There were also reports that the final voting percentage in Gurugram was recorded at 68.45 per cent but in the end, the figure was reduced to 67.37 per cent. Maximum voting was registered from the regions of Bawal at 75.64 per cent, Rewari at 70.64 per cent. At 64, Badshapur registered the lowest voting percentage in the nine Vidhan Sabha areas which are there in Gurugram. Interesting the areas of Mewat that had led the polls in 2014 was left behind the areas of Rewari and Bawal. Despite new schemes the voting percentage from these two sets of residents did not increase and much to the disappointment of election commission officials, a lot of glitches prevented the voting percentage picking up.