Legal: Making BIM better

first_imgTo continue enjoying Building.co.uk, sign up for free guest accessExisting subscriber? LOGIN Get your free guest access  SIGN UP TODAY Subscribe now for unlimited access Stay at the forefront of thought leadership with news and analysis from award-winning journalists. Enjoy company features, CEO interviews, architectural reviews, technical project know-how and the latest innovations.Limited access to building.co.ukBreaking industry news as it happensBreaking, daily and weekly e-newsletters Subscribe to Building today and you will benefit from:Unlimited access to all stories including expert analysis and comment from industry leadersOur league tables, cost models and economics dataOur online archive of over 10,000 articlesBuilding magazine digital editionsBuilding magazine print editionsPrinted/digital supplementsSubscribe now for unlimited access.View our subscription options and join our communitylast_img read more

NCA resumes Chicago service

first_imgSince the grounding of flights, two of NCA’s Boeing 747s have returned to service on the airline’s scheduled flights to Shanghai and Hong Kong. NCA’s service from Narita to Amsterdam, the Netherlands and Milan, Italy is scheduled to resume on October 5, while the majority of services remain suspended.According to NCA, the remaining services will resume in sequence as soon each aircraft’s airworthiness is confirmed.In response to the grounding of its aircraft, and a business improvement order from Japan’s Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transportation and Tourism (MLIT), NCA said earlier this year that it was considering reducing its fleet by three aircraft, operating only the B747-8F model in future, as HLPFI reported here.The reduction would serve to address some of the factors that led to the violations of the Civil Aeronautics Law of Japan, which included: inappropriate maintenance for the aircraft structure; organised manipulation and concealment of corresponding maintenance records; and a report delay to the MLIT.www.nca.aerolast_img read more

34 JOBS GO AT TROUBLED PENMAN ENGINEERING – DUMFRIES

first_img“I am committed to doing all I can to ensure that any further job losses can be avoided at this historic firm which is why I met with the administrators this week to discuss how to go forward. “I am particularly concerned that the workers who have been made redundant may not have been paid in full and I hope these issues can be resolved as quickly as possible. AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInA TOTAL of 34 redundancies have been announced  at the troubled Penman Engineering plant at Heathhall, Dumfries today. “More generally, the Scottish Government needs to redouble the support Scottish Enterprise are offering to make Penman as attractive as possible to interested parties and ensure the company remains in Dumfriesshire.” “Sadly this news is not entirely unexpected but everyone must come together including all agencies, to ensure that support is put in place as quickly as possible for those who find themselves out of a job. Oliver Mundell MSP said: “This is hugely disappointing news and my thoughts are with the workers and families affected as this is a very difficult time for them. “I would urge the administrators to do everything they possibly can to find a buyer for the company and safeguard the remaining ninety five jobs.” South Scotland  MSP Joan McAlpine has expressed “deep disappointment” over the redundancies of thirty four workers at Penman Engineering. “At this difficult time, the best solution can be found by everyone working together to find a suitable buyer for the site.center_img Commenting, Ms McAlpine said: The firm, which specialises in the construction of armoured vehicles, has been in operation since 1859. “Obviously my thoughts are first and foremost with the affected workers.  I have remained in contact with the trade unions throughout this process and was deeply disappointed at today’s news. Today’s announcement of staff lay-offs at the firm’s Heathall site follows the recent news that administrators had been called in. “The maximum amount of support must be provided to Scottish Enterprise and other agencies to secure a long-term future for Penman.” Commenting on the news of job losses at Penman Engineering in Dumfries, South Scotland MSP Colin Smyth said, “I’ve never known an Administrator yet who has come in and not axed jobs, so I suspect this news won’t come as a surprise to the workforce. However, that doesn’t make it any less devastating for the families involved. I know the Administrators have said they are meeting with potential buyers and the Council and Scottish Enterprise have been supporting the Administrators in a range of ways, but the clock is very much ticking. The Administrators need to pull out all the stops to ensure a buyer is secured, and secured quickly for what most people believe is a viable going concern. We simply cannot afford to see yet more quality jobs axed from a local economy already facing a huge range of challenges”.  David Mundell MP said: “These job losses will be a blow to the area and it is very disappointing that the administrators have decided to announce job losses at an early stage. “In my role as Secretary of State for Scotland, I will be supporting the process to find a suitable buyer as quickly as possible.last_img read more

Nurses to host free health fair

first_img Share 12 Views   no discussions LocalNews Nurses to host free health fair by: – October 27, 2012 Sharing is caring! Sharecenter_img Tweet Share The Dominica Nurses in Action (DANIA) group based in Texas will on Monday October 29th; host a free Health Care Fair.This health fair forms part of activities scheduled to commemorate the Dominica State College’s 50th anniversary of Formal Nursing Education which is being observed by the Faculty of Health Sciences.The fair will respond to the call from several quarters for Dominicans to adopt healthier lifestyles.Returning nurses, who are predominantly alumni from the School of Nursing who now reside in the United States of America are the contributors of the medical knowledge and skills which will be provided free of charge at the fair. Blood pressure and blood sugar checks will be done free of charge and there will also be nurses on hand providing information on Breast Self Examination, Prostate Cancer, Diabetes and High Blood Pressure, Sexually Transmitted Diseases among other topics. A feature of the fair will be the donation of free blood pressure and blood sugar machines to qualified persons living in Dominica. This is in an effort to encourage the practice of continuous monitoring of two of the most chronic diseases in Dominica. The returning nurses hope that through this fair a positive change of attitudes will develop in Dominicans towards their health care.Participants at the fair will be further treated to a variety of door prizes. The general public is invited to be part of this health care awakening experience.The fair will open from 9:00 am till 2:00 pm at the All Saints University Court Yard in Roseau. Press releaselast_img read more

Taylor: Dottin a key player for Windies Women

first_imgSYDNEY, Australia (CMC): Despite having not played an international match in over a year because of major injury, surgery and rehab, Deandra Dottin remains vital to the West Indies Women squad, says captain Stafanie Taylor.In fact, Taylor believes the 28-year-old all-rounder remains one of the key weapons in the side’s arsenal.Dottin has been off the pitch for an extended period because of a right-shoulder injury that required surgery in June last year, followed by months of rehabilitation. But she will put on the maroon outfit again when West Indies have an ICC Women’s T20 World Cup unofficial warm-up match against Pakistan on Friday.Speaking at the captains’ media day at Taronga Zoo here, Taylor said Dottin’s shoulder “is still a bit off, but she’s pretty much ready – 98 per cent”.“Deandra is very important to our team and with the level she’s at, we’re trying our very best to manage her,” she said.“It’s not going to be an easy one, she’s coming back from a long injury, but with the level she’s at, she’s quite up there in terms of her importance and recovery. We’re very pleased with the way that she’s going.”The right-handed batsman and right-arm fast bowler has performed well for the West Indies in the past.Her 38-ball 100 in the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2010 is the first and fastest in the format, while the five for five she took against Bangladesh two years ago are the best figures in the tournament’s history.Following their first T20 World Cup victory in India in 2016, the West Indies Women will start their bid to win a second title on Saturday with a match against Thailand in Perth, Western Australia.Taylor said the squad is now “really trying to focus on our own game and playing our best cricket”.“Every time we go out there, we want to play fearless – that’s the brand of cricket we definitely want to play, and it worked when we performed in India. That’s what we try to instil in our players, and that’s what we’re looking to achieve in this tournament,” the West Indies captain said.last_img read more

Pay on the day in Wigan

first_imgThe Robins travel north to the DW Stadium tomorrow (January 11th, 3pm KO) as Sky Bet Championship action returns following the Emirates FA Cup third round weekend.To date, around 550 tickets have been sold for the fixture, which goes off sale from Ashton Gate at 2pm today (Friday). After this time, fans will have to purchase a ticket from the DW Stadium.Fans are advised that there will be cash only sales available on the day of the match, with no price increase. Duplicates and collections can be obtained from window number 9 at the main ticket office.SECURE YOUR MATCH TICKETlast_img read more

Hazard misses penalty as Chelsea draw

first_imgSee also:Mourinho unhappy with players after drawMaribor v Chelsea player ratings Maribor 1 Chelsea 1 Eden Hazard missed a late penalty for Chelsea in Slovenia, where Nemanja Matic’s 73rd-minute equaliser rescued them from a shock Champions League defeat.The Blues were trailing to Agim Ibraimi’s fine strike when Matic poked home John Terry’s goal-bound header from Cesc Fabregas’ corner.AdChoices广告A win would have clinched Chelsea’s place in the knockout stage with two matches to spare.But, having been fouled in the box by Mitja Viler with five minutes remaining, Hazard made a complete hash of the resulting spot-kick.The Belgian attempted to outsmart Jasmin Handanovic but the keeper stood his ground and embarrassed him by easily saving his woeful attempt.Handanovic had earlier produced saves to deny Didier Drogba and Hazard, while Andre Schurrle’s blushes were spared by an offside flag after the German contrived to miss from three yards out after being set up by Willian.Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho made a double substitution at the break, sending on Diego Costa and Oscar in place of Schurrle and Willian.But five minutes later his team were behind.Filipe Luis was slow to close down Ibraimi and he took full advantage, brilliantly curling the ball into the top corner of the net from the edge of the penalty area.And it would have been 2-0 had Luka Zahovic then not inexplicably missed the target with the goal at his mercy after being found by Viler’s left-wing cross.Chelsea responded strongly, with Drogba going close and the visitors being denied a penalty after Oscar went down under a challenge from Arghus, before Matic eventually hauled them level.Had Handanovic not then brilliantly saved from Costa, Hazard not fluffed his lines or Zahovic not missed that earlier sitter, the outcome could have been very different.The result, along with Sporting Lisbon’s 4-2 victory over Schalke, leaves Chelsea – now unbeaten in 16 matches – three points clear of the German side and needing to win one of their remaining two Group G games to guarantee their progress.Chelsea (4-2-3-1): Cech; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry, Filipe Luis (Ramires 57); Matic, Fabregas; Schurrle (Costa 45), Willian (Oscar 45), Hazard; Drogba. Subs not used: Courtois, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Salah. Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

Korliss Marshall set to return for Hogs

first_imgPlay VideoPlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration Time 0:00Loaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%0:00 Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1ChaptersChaptersdescriptions off, selectedDescriptionssubtitles off, selectedSubtitlescaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedCaptionsAudio TrackFullscreenThis is a modal window. The Video Cloud video was not found. Error Code: VIDEO_CLOUD_ERR_VIDEO_NOT_FOUND Session ID: 2020-09-17:7b7a8d886033a6c1346a7e5f Player ID: videojs-brightcove-player-685802-3877784159001 OK Close Modal DialogCaption Settings DialogBeginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsDefaultsDoneClose Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KTHV) – Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema said that running back Korliss Marshall returned to the practice field this week and should play when the Hogs host LSU in a couple weeks.Marshall has been suspended for the last three games for undisclosed violation of team rules. Bielema said that the sophomore from Osceola is “on his last chance.”The Razorbacks are on bye this week before taking on LSU on November 8 at 7 pm on ESPN2.last_img read more

Dr. Phil’s sit-down with Sinead O’Connor airs tomorrow

first_img Related Peteski Productions/CBS Television Distribution / Daniel C. White(LOS ANGELES) — Dr. Phil McGraw is kicking off the 16th season of his self-titled daytime talk show with an exclusive interview with troubled recording artist Sinead O’Connor. The “Nothing Compares To U” singer will discuss her very public battle with mental illness Tuesday, September 12, on the syndicated show. Airtimes will vary, so check your local listings.Recently, O’Connor made headlines with a tearful Facebook video in which she pleaded for help, revealing that she was living in a motel in New Jersey, and had been wracked with suicidal thoughts. She said she was, “fighting, fighting, fighting, fighting — like all the millions and millions that I know I’m one of — to stay alive every day.”In a clip that has been released by the show’s producers, Sinead tells  the TV therapist, “I’m so grateful and very happy, very excited to be getting some proper help.”“For you to have the courage to candidly and openly talk about this gives others the courage to come forward and seek the help they need,” Dr. Phil tells her.Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMaticolast_img read more

Joe Flacco – Definitely NOT Elite Material Now

first_imgJoe FlaccoDid you see the game yesterday between the Steelers and the Ravens?  If not, you didn’t miss anything except Joe Flacco being Joe Flacco – unreliable and unpredictable.  Lets look by comparison at Flacco’s performance for the past three games: Career (2008-2017)61.533,24018612384.0 It doesn’t make any sense as to why Harbough does not give the second string or third string quarterback a chance on the field when it is obvious Flacco didn’t show up for the game.  Flacco doesn’t show up for most games and it is obvious to the fans when he isn’t there.Those are not the numbers of an Elite quarterback.  The performance Joe Flacco gave in England was embarrassing; the performance against the Steelers was uninspired and sloppy.Our defense cannot be on the field 90% of the game and give 100% each game.  Our defense is fantastic but the defense cannot win the games for us with no scores and no quarterback that is hungry for a win.From this Mother’s Perspective it seems that Flacco isn’t being effective and its time to give another quarterback an opportunity.  Everyone is entitled to a bad game – we all have bad days – but Flacco seems to have more bad games than good games at this point.  This is the Flacco we are getting  while this is the Flacco we need  Coach Harbough please wake up and see the handwriting on the wall – time to give another Raven an opportunity to bring a game to the win column or find a way to bring out the good Flacco who can be as asset to the team and a winner.Please follow and like us: 10/1 vsSteelers63.32351264.6 9/24 @Jaguars44.4280212.0 From a Mother’s Perspective Regular Season61.96014665.0 9/17 vsBrowns73.52172197.3 GameCMP%YDSTDINTRatinglast_img read more