Aston Villa boss Dean Smith says Wesley will come goodby Paul Vegas22 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveAston Villa boss Dean Smith has backed new striker Wesley to be a success at Villa Park.Wesley had a disappointing performance against Burnley last week.“His performance wasn’t great on Saturday against Burnley and he was the first to admit that to me afterwards as well when I went through his clips with him,” Smith said.“But what I’ve seen in training this week has been a reaction, he’s trained very well this week and he’ll be the first to go out there and try to prove people wrong.“It’s a tough job as a lone striker and he was up against two street-wise centre-backs in James Tarkowksi and Ben Mee, both very strong and street-wise centre-halves who can give a lot of centre forwards problems in this league.“I think that they got the upper hand on [Wesley] early on in the game and he showed his frustrations a little bit during the game, but he’ll learn from that. “He’s a young striker, still only 22 and he’ll get better and better.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Cabinet has approved the merger of the National Youth Service (NYS) and the National Centre for Youth Development (NCYD), a move that is expected to increase the budget of both agencies to a total of $561 million.Minister of Youth and Culture, Hon. Lisa Hanna, who made the disclosure while contributing to the 2013/14 Sectoral Debate in the House of Representatives on June 18, said 62 per cent of the expected budget will be allocated to projects that will impact an estimated 21,000 youth directly.She noted that the joining of the agencies is also aimed at reducing the overlap and duplication of work, as well as administration costs.“The truth is that when we got into office we found that the NYS had departed from its core mission and objectives,” Miss Hanna said.She said that unfortunately, the NYS’ sole role had become the placing of young persons in ‘internships’ at a range of state organisations, with the intention that they would, at the end, be assessed and achieve certification from HEART/NTA.“The reality is that only 20 per cent of these participants achieved certification, and less than five per cent of them were retained in the jobs they were placed in,” she said.She noted that over the last few years, she has been working to ensure that the NYS sought to fulfill its existing commitments, while reviewing its strategic focus to encourage among young people, the spirit of voluntarism and civic pride.Among the core objectives of the NYS is the creation of opportunities for self sustainability among youth; the preparation of youth for transition to employment and entrepreneurship; the creation of lessons and opportunities for voluntarism; being a catalyst for fostering of respect; and building social skills, a positive attitude, civic pride, a sense of responsibility and good citizenship among youth.The NCYD was established in 2000 as the Government department with responsibility for young people aged 15 to 24 years. It is responsible for facilitating the co-ordination and integration of programmes, service and activities geared towards youth development, and recommending and designing programmes to enhance and propel youth development.Contact: Athaliah Reynolds-Baker
APTN National NewsIt was an on-going dispute over his handling of Aboriginal issues that led to suspended Sen. Patrick Brazeau allegedly assaulting and groping a woman according to court documents.The alleged victim told police she didn’t support Brazeau’s stance on Aboriginal issues and after a two-day dispute he ordered her to leave his Gatineau home says a search warrant executed Feb. 7.It’s alleged in the warrant Brazeau, 38, ripped up a bra and shirt that the woman was holding on to as she tried to pack her bags. He then grabbed her breasts and pulled her pants down hard enough to break the button and zipper police allege. He also allegedly pushed her hard enough to break a staircase railing.When she tried to call 911 she alleges he hit her and police documented she had visible injuries.She told police later that Brazeau spat in her face while insulting her.Brazeau has pleaded not guilty and none of the allegations have been proven in court. He is on bail after posting $1,000.The Algonquin senator has been outspoken against the Idle No More movement and especially Attawapiskat Chief Theresa Spence.Brazeau was appointed to the Senate in 2008 by Prime Minister Stephen Harper. He was suspended with pay pending the outcome of his legal matters.His next court date is March 22.
CALGARY, A.B. – Canada’s oil industry is expected to be back in the black this year thanks to higher oil prices and more production after registering three years of losses.But the Conference Board of Canada says the recovery will be modest and ongoing pipeline capacity problems will likely continue to result in Western Canada’s oil production selling for discount prices.Michael Burt, director of industrial economic trends, says the oil industry will register pre-tax profits of about $1.4 billion this year after a string of losses since prices crashed in 2014. He says the profits are partly the result of efficiencies in the use of labour that are expected to continue to limit hiring. The industry is expected to create just 2,150 new jobs over the next five years.Total crude production in Canada is forecast to rise by an average annual rate of 3.4 percent between 2018 and 2022, with most of it coming from the Alberta oilsands.Industry revenues are forecast to increase by about eight percent in 2018.“We’re talking about a shift back to being in the black for industry but margins are still quite thin,” Burt said.“So it’s obviously good news but for the industry it’s not a level of profitability that they would like to see to earn a sufficient return on their capital.”(THE CANADIAN PRESS)
New Delhi: What is the reason behind child abuse? To find out the answer, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) will conduct a survey in the country including Delhi. The child rights body is developing an online system through which they can easily avail the report of cases related to crime against children from different stakeholders.According to NCPCR, whether pornographic is the reason or drug addiction led to the crime all these factors will be taken into consideration during the survey. According to sources in the recently held meeting among the senior officials of the child rights body a decision was taken to conduct the survey. “Our main aim is to know why children being assaulted and also the reason behind the increase in the cases. We will also create awareness regarding the laws meant for the safety of minor children,” said an official. Also Read – Bangla Sahib Gurudwara bans use of all types of plastic itemsThe survey will also focus on proper registration of the cases. Commission had found that in some cases the victim child did not inform his or her family regarding the crime. Sharing one such incident a member told Millennium Post that a girl studying in 10th class informed them about the incident of sexual abuse happened with her at the relative’s house. “She reported the case through POCSO e-box and told us not share the information with her family members,” said official adding that after rigorous follow-up from the commission an FIR got registered in the case against the accused who was girl’s relative. Yashwant Jain member from NCPCR told this newspaper that they are putting their all-round efforts in ensuring the safety of children. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderThe commission is also developing an online system through which they can easily get the report of the case from different agencies like the police. “Earlier we used to write to different stakeholders about the status report in the case and then they used to send the report. It was the lendy process now with the help of online platform the concerned authority will send us the report,” said an official. Priyank Kanoongo chairperson NCPCR confirmed the news regarding the online platform.
New Delhi: Bhim Army founder Chandrashekhar Azad Wednesday alleged Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav and his father Mulayam Singh Yadav were “agents” of the BJP, adding he will not contest from Varanasi if his candidature scuttled the Dalit movement. He made the remarks during a public meeting in Jaipur days after BSP chief Mayawati termed him a “BJP agent” and alleged that he was contesting from Varanasi as part of the saffron party’s conspiracy to divide Dalit votes. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’ Mayawati’s Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) has entered into an alliance with SP in Uttar Pradesh to take on the BJP. “Akhilesh Yadav gave promotion to officers who inflicted atrocities on Dalits. His father says in Parliament that he wants Modi to become prime minister again. They are agents of the BJP, not me,” the Bhim Army chief said. “They call me an agent for questioning them. Yes, I am an agent of B R Ambedkar… If my own people were not in my way, I would have shown you (Akhilesh) that if we can vote you to power, we can pull you down too,” he said. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&K Chandrashekhar also claimed that Mayawati was being “misled” by Satish Chandra Mishra, her general secretary and Brahmin face of the BSP. He added that he won’t contest the election in Varanasi if his candidature “strengthened” Prime Minister Narendra Modi in any way. Varanasi is the parliamentary constituency of Modi. Mayawati had on Sunday tweeted, “BJP tried hard to help Chandrashekhar join the BSP as its mole, but failed in its conspiracy. It is imperative in national interest to dislodge autocratic, despotic anti-Dalit BJP from power. Please ensure no vote goes waste.” The Bhim Party founder had announced at a rally in the national capital last month that he would contest against Modi from Varanasi and welcomed support of all parties, including the Congress, to take on the BJP. He had also sought the support of SP and BSP for his candidature, saying Dalit groups would back their alliance in other seats. The SP-BSP-RLD alliance is yet to declare its candidate against Modi in Varanasi. The Chandrashekhar-led group shot to limelight during the May 2017 clashes between Dalits and upper caste Thakurs in Saharanpur of Uttar Pradesh. Chandrashekhar was arrested after the clashes. Though he was granted bail by the Allahabad High Court, the UP Police arrested him under the stringent National Security Act. He was released in September 2018 after spending 16 months in jail.
Theni(TN): Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a broadside against the Opposition Saturday, saying the DMK, Congress and their ‘mahamilavati’ friends cannot accept strides India has made and therefore were “unhappy” with him. Taking a swipe at the DMK-Congress combine, he said those who were “sworn enemies” have joined hands, despite the national party having “humiliated” its southern ally in the past. “Today India is rapidly making a mark in the world. The Congress, DMK and their mahamilavati friends cannot accept this. That is why they are unhappy with me,” he said at an election rally here. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c details The Prime Minister has been describing the opposition ‘mahagatbandhan’ (mega alliance) as ‘mahamilavati,’ meaning adulterated. Taking pot shots at DMK President MK Stalin’s proposal naming Congress chief Rahul Gandhi as Prime Ministerial candidate, Modi said there were no takers for this among the opposition “because they are in line to be PM and dream of the post.” “Some days ago, DMK supremo (Stalin) projected the Naamdar (dynast–Gandhi) as PM (candidate) but no one was ready to accept it, not even their mahamilavati friends, because they are in line to be PM and dream of the post,” he said, without naming anyone. Also Read – Tourists to be allowed in J&K from Thursday Despite past “bitterness,” the Congress and DMK have joined hands, he said and recalled that the national party had “humiliated” the southern ally earlier, apparently referring to the dismissal of the DMK government in the past. Even during the 2G spectrum allocation scam, centered around then Telecom Minster A Raja of DMK, the Dravidian party’s leaders were criticising the national party, which was leading the ruling UPA, he pointed out. “In an attempt to mislead the people, all the corrupt have ganged up in an attempt to defeat Modi,” he added.
Lebron James of the Miami Heat gives a thumbs up before a 95-88 win against the San Antonio Spurs in Game 7 of the NBA Finals at the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, Florida, June 20. Credit: Courtesy of MCTIn arguably its biggest game of the 2013 season to date, the Ohio State football team will hear from a fellow Ohioan and current NBA World Champion before its tilt with Wisconsin Saturday night.An OSU spokesman confirmed that Miami Heat forward LeBron James will be on the Buckeyes’ sideline during the game. The four-time NBA MVP will also address the team before kickoff according to media reports.James, a graduate of Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary, is a longtime fan of OSU, even though he never went to the school. The NBA star even has his own locker inside the newly renovated locker rooms at The Jerome Schottenstein Center.OSU men’s basketball coach Thad Matta showed his own support for the Heat star, when the new facility was released to the media. OSU was the first team to wear Nike’s LeBron line of shoes as well as have their jerseys sponsored by him in 2007.“He’s done a lot of things in his time, but I think from a standpoint we always want to pay our respects to him for what he did for us in ’07 in terms of we were the first LeBron school,” Matta said Sept. 3. “I know he’s very proud of what he does for us.”Matta was not the only person to express his gratitude for arguably the biggest star in sports.“I feel sorry that our fans won’t rally around LeBron because of the way he did his things, because for us, he’s been unbelievable,” OSU athletic director Gene Smith said Sept. 3. “He’s always kept us at the top of his thoughts when he’s doing things.”OSU is scheduled to take on Wisconsin at 8 p.m. Saturday.
“Humans tend to try to establish a rank hierarchy. When you’re in high school, it’s a very limited arena in which you can establish your rank, and climbing the social ladder to be on top is one of the main ways… Bullying is a tool you can use to get there,” lead researcher Jennifer Wong, a professor of criminology, was quoted as saying by National Post.Researchers at Simon Fraser University surveyed a group of Vancouver high school students and got the results which oppose earlier assumptions about bullies. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’Also, bullying is in the genes and not something learnt outside, the researchers said.“Most anti-bullying programmes try to change the behaviour of bullies… and they usually don’t work, That’s probably because the behaviour is biologically hard-wired, not learned,” Wong said.Wong and student Jun-Bin Koh surveyed 135 teenagers from a Vancouver high school. A standard questionnaire — asking things like how often they were “hit, kicked or shoved” — divided the students into the categories of
Disabled trans model Aaron Philip wants to see more representation and diversity in fashion Gender-nonconforming model Aaron Philip hopes for a world where people of all genders, races, ethnicities, and body types can see themselves represented in fashion. — aaron (@aaronphilipxo) November 24, 2017Representation matters‘I think it’s time to really include marginalized folks within fashion in big ways,’ Philip says. ‘That’s why I’m working so hard to become a model so that—in my wheelchair, being trans, black, disabled, feminine—I can walk runways, like Gucci and Prada and Dior… all the big runways.’‘I want to get signed to a modeling agency so I can take on runway, and editorial, and beauty campaigns,’ they say. ‘Because there’s such little representation for disabled bodies, people with disabilities, and black trans women and femmes, and nonbinary people in general.’‘And somehow, I’m at the intersection of all of that.’Learn more about Aaron Philip in the video below:Got a news tip? Want to share your story? Email us . Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… GAYSTARNEWS- ‘For me, I just keep it pushing cause I know who I am,’ Philip says in a video for NowThis.BackstoryPhilip is a 17-year-old originally from the Caribbean island of Antigua. As a baby, Philip was diagnosed with quadriplegic cerebral palsy. They moved to the United States with their family at age three.Back in November 2017, Philip had a Tweet of them in their wheelchair go viral. Since getting discovered on the internet, Philip has gone on to do photoshoots for Paper Magazine and popular online retailer ASOS.honestly when i get scouted/discovered by a modeling agency it’s OVER for y’all! by y’all i mean the WORLD! it’s real inclusivity/diversity hours folks, get into it! pic.twitter.com/58VOSafAm6 eTN Chatroom for Readers (join us) Aaron Philip becomes the first trans and disabled model to sign with ElitePlayboy founder’s son Cooper Hefner: I want more trans ‘playmates’Women all over are sharing their best selfies for Lesbian Visibility DayRead the full article on Gaystarnews: :https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/watch-this-disabled-trans-model-wants-to-create-a-space-for-disabilities-in-fashion/