Having not won a major in six years could be a reason Tiger Woods is considering changing his pre-Masters preparation.Woods shot a 71 in the first round of the Honda Classic Thursday and afterward said he could alter his playing schedule or the way he prepares for the year’s first major in April at Augusta National.“It could be all of the above,” he said to ESPN.After the Honda Classic, Woods is scheduled to defend his titles at next week’s WGC-Cadillac Championship at Doral and the Arnold Palmer Invitational in three weeks, giving him two tournament weeks off prior to the Masters, which begins April 10.“Still looking into that, yeah,” Woods said of his preparation. “Still looking to possibly make some changes going in there.”Woods being Woods, he did not elaborate on the potential changes.He skipped last week’s WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship, and his 1-over 71 at PGA National on Thursday was just his eighth official round of 2014. He missed the secondary 54-hole cut at the Farmers Insurance Open and also played the Dubai Desert Classic.The only tournaments he could add are the Valspar Championship in two weeks at Innisbrook, near Tampa, Fla.; the Valero Texas Open in San Antonio, which follows Palmer’s tournament; or the Shell Houston Open, which is played the week before the Masters.To play near Tampa would mean competing four straight weeks, something Woods rarely does; he has not played the San Antonio event since first turning pro in 1996; and Woods has never played the Houston Open or the week prior to the Masters as a pro.
A Jessore court on Wednesday convicted nine people and sentenced them to life term imprisonment for killing an UP member in Jessore in 2005, reports UNB.Among the convicts, three accused were present in the dock during the hearing while six others—Enamul Haque, Kabir, Anis, Biplob Mia, Kamarul Mandal, Ajam Fakir—remained absconding. According to the case statement, Insanul Haque, a member of Deyara union parishad in Sadar upazila, was killed by the convicts during a robbery on 8 July in 2005. Ijarul Haque Jewel, son of the victim, filed a murder and robbery case accusing unnamed people. After examining the records and witnesses, Md Iman Ali Sheikh of the Additional District and Sessions Judge Court-1, handed down the verdict.
The International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague, Netherlands. Photo: AFPThe International Criminal Court (ICC) has constituted pre-trial Chamber-III demonstrating further progress over ongoing process to look into the atrocities committed against the Rohingyas, reports UNB.The chamber is composed of judge Robert Fremr, judge Olga Herrera Carbuccia and judge Geoffrey Henderson , according to a media release issued by ICC on Wednesday.This decision follows a notice by the ICC prosecutor Fatou Bensouda informing the presidency of her intention to submit a request for an authorisation to open an investigation into this situation.Bangladesh is now hosting over 1.2 million Rohingyas and most of them entered Bangladesh since 25 August , 2017 amid military crackdown on them in Rakhine state of Myanmar.The prosecutor has notified judges that she will seek an authorisation “to investigate alleged crimes within the court’s jurisdiction in which at least one element occurred on the territory of Bangladesh – a state party to the Rome Statute since 1 June 2010 – and within the context of two waves of violence in Rakhine state on the territory of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, as well as any other crimes which are sufficiently linked to these events”.Once the prosecutor submits her request, it will then be for the judges of Pre-Trial Chamber III to decide whether or not to authorise the prosecutor to open an investigation into the situation.The judges will have to consider whether there is a reasonable basis to proceed with an investigation, upon examination of the prosecutor’s request and the supporting material.On 6 September 2018, following a request submitted by the prosecutor pursuant to article 19(3) of the statute, ICC Pre-Trial Chamber I decided by majority that the court may exercise jurisdiction over the alleged deportation of the Rohingya people from Myanmar occurred on the territory of Myanmar to Bangladesh.On 18 September 2018, the prosecutor announced the opening of a preliminary examination concerning the alleged deportation of the Rohingya people from Myanmar to Bangladesh.
From the time immortal there lies a bridge between the beginning and end. This bridge is an ongoing process. pre-historic character have established a contour through a flowing evolution. The contour which is ever changing, depending on environment and nature. These are evident in both physical and metaphysical aspects. But the spirit remains eternal. A mutilated fundamental entity results in detachment and destruction from the
Kolkata: The West Bengal government is committed to curbing traffic offences, its initiatives have significantly reduced road accidents in the state, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee asserted on Sunday. On the occasion of ‘World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims’, the CM said her campaign – ‘Safe Drive, Save Life’ – has earned the praise of the Supreme Court. “Today is World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims. Our government is committed towards reducing incidents of road accidents in #Bangla. Our #SafeDriveSaveLife campaign has reduced such incidents significantly, earning praise of the Supreme Court,” Banerjee tweeted. The state government launched the campaign in 2016 as part of its initiatives to inculcate a “sense of safe driving and responsible road behaviour” among people. The World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims is observed on the third Sunday of November every year in memory of millions of people who died in road crashes and their families.
This hands-on workshop will give you the tools to authentically connect with an increasingly skeptical online audience. 1 min read Enroll Now for Free May 15, 2014 Free Workshop | August 28: Get Better Engagement and Build Trust With Customers Now This story originally appeared on CNBC Flappy Bird is making a comeback.The popular mobile app, which was pulled from app stores in February, will return in August, Flappy Bird creator Dong Nguyen told CNBC on Wednesday. The game will include multi-player capabilities and be less addictive, Nguyen said.At its peak, Nguyen said he was pulling in $50,000 a day from the mobile-gaming sensation that had more than 50 million downloads, but that ended when he decided to remove the app after noticing people were too addicted to playing it. While he still is making a profit from in-app ads, he said it’s “not much,” adding that he feels a lot of pressure from all the fame, fortune and success he has had.Nguyen told CNBC’s Kelly Evans that he would rather people spend their time doing more productive things rather than attempt to guide a cartoon bird through pipes to rack up a high score. Still, Nguyen said he doesn’t regret creating the game.The app developer said he has more apps in the works, including a game that has “a guy jumping from building to building.”